Natural Sciences Managers
- Confer with scientists, engineers, regulators, or others to plan or review projects or to provide technical assistance.
- Develop client relationships and communicate with clients to explain proposals, present research findings, establish specifications, or discuss project status.
- Plan or direct research, development, or production activities.
- Prepare project proposals.
- Design or coordinate successive phases of problem analysis, solution proposals, or testing.
- Review project activities and prepare and review research, testing, or operational reports.
- Hire, supervise, or evaluate engineers, technicians, researchers, or other staff.
- Determine scientific or technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management and make detailed plans to accomplish these goals.
- Develop or implement policies, standards, or procedures for the architectural, scientific, or technical work performed to ensure regulatory compliance or operations enhancement.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 9.9%
Five: Extensive Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)