Natural Sciences Managers
Core Tasks Include:
- Confer with scientists, engineers, regulators, or others to plan or review projects or to provide technical assistance.
- Develop client relationships and communicate with clients to explain proposals, present research findings, establish specifications, or discuss project status.
- Plan or direct research, development, or production activities.
- Prepare project proposals.
- Design or coordinate successive phases of problem analysis, solution proposals, or testing.
- Review project activities and prepare and review research, testing, or operational reports.
- Hire, supervise, or evaluate engineers, technicians, researchers, or other staff.
- Determine scientific or technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management and make detailed plans to accomplish these goals.
- Develop or implement policies, standards, or procedures for the architectural, scientific, or technical work performed to ensure regulatory compliance or operations enhancement.
- Develop innovative technology or train staff for its implementation.
- Conduct own research in field of expertise.
- Recruit personnel or oversee the development or maintenance of staff competence.
- Prepare and administer budgets, approve and review expenditures, and prepare financial reports.
- Make presentations at professional meetings to further knowledge in the field.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Provide for stewardship of plant or animal resources or habitats, studying land use, monitoring animal populations, or providing shelter, resources, or medical treatment for animals.
- Advise or assist in obtaining patents or meeting other legal requirements.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.