Social and Community Service Managers
- Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations in community to meet community needs and to ensure that services are not duplicated.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports, such as budgets, personnel records, or training manuals.
- Direct activities of professional and technical staff members and volunteers.
- Evaluate the work of staff and volunteers to ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
- Establish and oversee administrative procedures to meet objectives set by boards of directors or senior management.
- Participate in the determination of organizational policies regarding such issues as participant eligibility, program requirements, and program benefits.
- Research and analyze member or community needs to determine program directions and goals.
- Speak to community groups to explain and interpret agency purposes, programs, and policies.
- Recruit, interview, and hire or sign up volunteers and staff.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)