Insurance Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
- Examine claims forms and other records to determine insurance coverage.
- Analyze information gathered by investigation and report findings and recommendations.
- Negotiate claim settlements and recommend litigation when settlement cannot be negotiated.
- Prepare report of findings of investigation.
- Collect evidence to support contested claims in court.
- Interview or correspond with agents and claimants to correct errors or omissions and to investigate questionable claims.
- Refer questionable claims to investigator or claims adjuster for investigation or settlement.
- Investigate and assess damage to property and create or review property damage estimates.
- Interview or correspond with claimants, witnesses, police, physicians, or other relevant parties to determine claim settlement, denial, or review.
- Review police reports, medical treatment records, medical bills, or physical property damage to determine the extent of liability.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 0.6%
National: - 1.4%
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)