Insurance Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
Core Tasks Include:
- Examine claims forms and other records to determine insurance coverage.
- Analyze information gathered by investigation and report findings and recommendations.
- Negotiate claim settlements and recommend litigation when settlement cannot be negotiated.
- Prepare report of findings of investigation.
- Collect evidence to support contested claims in court.
- Interview or correspond with agents and claimants to correct errors or omissions and to investigate questionable claims.
- Refer questionable claims to investigator or claims adjuster for investigation or settlement.
- Investigate and assess damage to property and create or review property damage estimates.
- Interview or correspond with claimants, witnesses, police, physicians, or other relevant parties to determine claim settlement, denial, or review.
- Review police reports, medical treatment records, medical bills, or physical property damage to determine the extent of liability.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Examine titles to property to determine validity and act as company agent in transactions with property owners.
- Obtain credit information from banks and other credit services.
- Communicate with former associates to verify employment record and to obtain background information regarding persons or businesses applying for credit.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.