Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- Determine the nature of code violations and actions to be taken, and issue written notices of violation; participate in enforcement hearings as necessary.
- Examine permits, licenses, applications, and records to ensure compliance with licensing requirements.
- Prepare, organize, and maintain inspection records.
- Interview individuals to determine the nature of suspected violations and to obtain evidence of violations.
- Prepare written, oral, tabular, and graphic reports summarizing requirements and regulations, including enforcement and chain of custody documentation.
- Monitor follow-up actions in cases where violations were found, and review compliance monitoring reports.
- Investigate complaints and suspected violations regarding illegal dumping, pollution, pesticides, product quality, or labeling laws.
- Inspect waste pretreatment, treatment, and disposal facilities and systems for conformance to federal, state, or local regulations.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 8.2%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)