Core Tasks Include:
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments, or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Establish and maintain tendering process, and conduct negotiations.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
- Collect historical cost data to estimate costs for current or future products.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Visit site and record information about access, drainage and topography, and availability of services such as water and electricity.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.