Compensation, Benefits, and Job Analysis Specialists
- Evaluate job positions, determining classification, exempt or non-exempt status, and salary.
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements.
- Advise managers and employees on state and federal employment regulations, collective agreements, benefit and compensation policies, personnel procedures, and classification programs.
- Plan, develop, evaluate, improve, and communicate methods and techniques for selecting, promoting, compensating, evaluating, and training workers.
- Provide advice on the resolution of classification and salary complaints.
- Prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions, and salary scales.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining personnel records and handbooks.
- Prepare reports, such as organization and flow charts, and career path reports to summarize job analysis and evaluation and compensation analysis information.
- Administer employee insurance, pension and savings plans, working with insurance brokers and plan carriers.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 8.6%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)