Risk Management Specialists
- Provide statistical modeling advice to other departments.
- Review or draft risk disclosures for offer documents.
- Meet with clients to answer queries on subjects such as risk exposure, market scenarios, or values-at-risk calculations.
- Maintain input or data quality of risk management systems.
- Develop contingency plans to deal with emergencies.
- Devise scenario analyses reflecting possible severe market events.
- Consult financial literature to ensure use of the latest models or statistical techniques.
- Track, measure, or report on aspects of market risk for traded issues.
- Analyze new legislation to determine impact on risk exposure.
- Recommend ways to control or reduce risk.
- Produce reports or presentations that outline findings, explain risk positions, or recommend changes.
- Gather risk-related data from internal or external resources.
- Develop or implement risk-assessment models or methodologies.
- Document, and ensure communication of, key risks.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 9.6%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)