Computer Network Architects
- Adjust network sizes to meet volume or capacity demands.
- Communicate with customers, sales staff, or marketing staff to determine customer needs.
- Communicate with system users to ensure accounts are set up properly or to diagnose and solve operational problems.
- Coordinate installation of new equipment.
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades.
- Coordinate network or design activities with designers of associated networks.
- Design, build, or operate equipment configuration prototypes, including network hardware, software, servers, or server operation systems.
- Design, organize, and deliver product awareness, skills transfer, or product education sessions for staff or suppliers.
- Determine specific network hardware or software requirements, such as platforms, interfaces, bandwidths, or routine schemas.
- Develop and implement solutions for network problems.
- Develop and write procedures for installation, use, or troubleshooting of communications hardware or software.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 6.5%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)