Architects, Except Landscape and Naval
- Prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, or construction time.
- Consult with clients to determine functional or spatial requirements of structures.
- Prepare contract documents for building contractors.
- Integrate engineering elements into unified architectural designs.
- Administer construction contracts.
- Represent clients in obtaining bids or awarding construction contracts.
- Prepare operating and maintenance manuals, studies, or reports.
- Calculate potential energy savings by comparing estimated energy consumption of proposed design to baseline standards.
- Design environmentally sound structural upgrades to existing buildings, such as natural lighting systems, green roofs, or rainwater collection systems.
- Design or plan construction of green building projects to minimize adverse environmental impact or conserve energy.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 4.1%
National: + 4.3%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)