- Supervise technologists, technicians, or other engineers.
- Integrate robotics with peripherals, such as welders, controllers, or other equipment.
- Provide technical support for robotic systems.
- Review or approve designs, calculations, or cost estimates.
- Make system device lists or event timing charts.
- Document robotic application development, maintenance, or changes.
- Write algorithms or programming code for ad hoc robotic applications.
- Create back-ups of robot programs or parameters.
- Process or interpret signals or sensor data.
- Plan mobile robot paths and teach path plans to robots.
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems.
- Install, calibrate, operate, or maintain robots.
- Debug robotics programs.
- Design end-of-arm tooling.
- Conduct research on robotic technology to create new robotic systems or system capabilities.
- Automate assays on laboratory robotics.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 6.4%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)