- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs.
- Operate computer-aided drafting (CAD) equipment or conventional drafting station to produce designs, working drawings, charts, forms, and records.
- Coordinate structural, electrical, and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation to graphically represent building plans.
- Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary.
- Draw rough and detailed scale plans for foundations, buildings, and structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets, and other data.
- Lay out and plan interior room arrangements for commercial buildings, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
- Supervise, coordinate, and inspect the work of draftspersons, technicians, and technologists on construction projects.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 7.0%
National: + 8.1%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)