Civil Engineering Technicians
- Calculate dimensions, square footage, profile and component specifications, and material quantities using calculator or computer.
- Draft detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Analyze proposed site factors and design maps, graphs, tracings, and diagrams to illustrate findings.
- Read and review project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements.
- Prepare reports and document project activities and data.
- Confer with supervisor to determine project details such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, and evaluation of field conditions.
- Report maintenance problems occurring at project site to supervisor and negotiate changes to resolve system conflicts.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 9.1%
National: + 8.9%
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)