Core Tasks Include:
- Prepare and deliver presentations to communicate economic and environmental study results, to present policy recommendations, or to raise awareness of environmental consequences.
- Demonstrate or promote the economic benefits of sound environmental regulations.
- Write technical documents or academic articles to communicate study results or economic forecasts.
- Write social, legal, or economic impact statements to inform decision makers for natural resource policies, standards, or programs.
- Write research proposals and grant applications to obtain private or public funding for environmental and economic studies.
- Examine the exhaustibility of natural resources or the long-term costs of environmental rehabilitation.
- Develop systems for collecting, analyzing, and interpreting environmental and economic data.
- Develop environmental research project plans, including information on budgets, goals, deliverables, timelines, and resource requirements.
- Develop economic models, forecasts, or scenarios to predict future economic and environmental outcomes.
- Collect and analyze data to compare the environmental implications of economic policy or practice alternatives.
- Perform complex, dynamic, and integrated mathematical modeling of ecological, environmental, or economic systems.
- Conduct research to study the relationships among environmental problems and patterns of economic production and consumption.
- Conduct research on economic and environmental topics, such as alternative fuel use, public and private land use, soil conservation, air and water pollution control, and endangered species protection.
- Develop programs or policy recommendations to achieve environmental goals in cost-effective ways.
- Assess the costs and benefits of various activities, policies, or regulations that affect the environment or natural resource stocks.
- Develop programs or policy recommendations to promote sustainability and sustainable development.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Monitor or analyze market and environmental trends.
- Interpret indicators to ascertain the overall health of an environment.
- Identify and recommend environmentally friendly business practices.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.