A. The applicant shall hold a doctorate from a professional psychology program in a regionally accredited university, which was accredited by the APA within four years after the applicant graduated from the program, or shall meet the requirements of subsection B of this section.
B. If the applicant does not hold a doctorate from an APA accredited program, the applicant shall hold a doctorate from a professional psychology program which documents that it offers education and training which prepares individuals for the practice of clinical psychology.
A. Internship requirement.
LICENSURE BY ENDORSEMENT:
A. Every applicant for licensure by endorsement shall submit in one package:
A. An applicant for clinical or school psychologist licensure enrolled in an approved residency training program required who has met all requirements for licensure except completion of that program shall be eligible to take both the national and state written examinations.
Every license issued by the board shall expire each year on June 30.
Continuing education course requirements for renewal of an active license:
E. The board may grant an exemption for all or part of the continuing education requirements for one renewal cycle due to circumstances determined by the board to be beyond the control of the licensee.
- A person whose license has expired may renew it within one year after its expiration date by paying the penalty fee prescribed and the license renewal fee for the year the license was not renewed.
A person whose license has not been renewed for one year or more and who wishes to resume practice shall:
1. Present evidence to the board of having met all applicable continuing education requirements equal to the number of years the license has lapsed, not to exceed four years;
2. Pay the reinstatement fee and
3. Submit verification of any professional certification or licensure obtained in any other jurisdiction subsequent to the initial application for licensure.
REACTIVATION OF AN INACTIVE LICENSE:
A psychologist wishing to reactivate an inactive license shall submit :
- The renewal fee for active licensure minus any fee already paid for inactive licensure renewal, and;
- Document completion of continued competency hours equal to the number of years the license has been inactive, not to exceed four years.
2. Add or change supervisor $25
3. Application processing and initial licensure $200
4. Annual renewal of active license $140
5. Annual renewal of inactive license $70
6. Late renewal $50
7. Verification of licensure to another jurisdiction $25
8. Duplicate license $5
9. Additional or replacement wall certificate $15
10. Returned check $35
11. Reinstatement of a lapsed license $270
12. Reinstatement following revocation or suspension $500
The fee for review of a continuing education provider seeking board approval shall be $200.
For More Information, Contact:
Virginia Department Of Health Professions
Board Of Psychology
6603 West Broad St., 5th Floor
Richmond, VA 23230-1712
The data sources for the information displayed here include: Virginia Career VIEW Research.