City and Regional Planning Aides
- Prepare, maintain and update files and records, including land use data and statistics.
- Respond to public inquiries and complaints.
- Research, compile, analyze and organize information from maps, reports, investigations, and books for use in reports and special projects.
- Prepare, develop and maintain maps and databases.
- Serve as liaison between planning department and other departments and agencies.
- Prepare reports, using statistics, charts, and graphs, to illustrate planning studies in areas such as population, land use, or zoning.
- Participate in and support team planning efforts.
- Provide and process zoning and project permits and applications.
- Perform clerical duties such as composing, typing and proofreading documents, scheduling appointments and meetings, handling mail and posting public notices.
- Conduct interviews, surveys and site inspections concerning factors that affect land usage, such as zoning, traffic flow and housing.
- Perform code enforcement tasks.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 5.5%
National: + 4.4%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)