Forest and Conservation Technicians
- Train and lead forest and conservation workers in seasonal activities, such as planting tree seedlings, putting out forest fires, and maintaining recreational facilities.
- Thin and space trees and control weeds and undergrowth, using manual tools and chemicals, or supervise workers performing these tasks.
- Patrol park or forest areas to protect resources and prevent damage.
- Provide information about, and enforce, regulations, such as those concerning environmental protection, resource utilization, fire safety, and accident prevention.
- Map forest tract data using digital mapping systems.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 8.7%
National: + 3.9%
High School Diploma
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)