Paralegals and Legal Assistants
Core Tasks Include:
- Prepare legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts, and real estate closing statements.
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, and documents.
- Direct and coordinate law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas.
- Prepare affidavits or other documents, such as legal correspondence, and organize and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing system.
- Prepare for trial by performing tasks such as organizing exhibits.
- Meet with clients and other professionals to discuss details of case.
- File pleadings with court clerk.
- Investigate facts and law of cases and search pertinent sources, such as public records and internet sources, to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Call upon witnesses to testify at hearing.
- Keep and monitor legal volumes to ensure that law library is up-to-date.
- Appraise and inventory real and personal property for estate planning.
- Arbitrate disputes between parties and assist in the real estate closing process, such as by reviewing title searches.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.