Career/Technical Education Teachers, Middle School
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injuries and damage.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods, such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students' progress.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 7.1%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)