- Reserve, circulate, renew, and discharge books and other materials.
- Enter and update patrons' records on computers.
- Provide assistance to teachers and students by locating materials and helping to complete special projects.
- Train other staff, volunteers, or student assistants and schedule and supervise their work.
- Conduct reference searches, using printed materials and in-house and online databases.
- Deliver and retrieve items throughout the library by hand or using pushcart.
- Take actions to halt disruption of library activities by problem patrons.
- Process print and non-print library materials to prepare them for inclusion in library collections.
- Compile and maintain records relating to circulation, materials, and equipment.
- Collect fines and respond to complaints about fines.
- Design posters and special displays to promote use of library facilities or specific reading programs at libraries.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 9.1%
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)