- Provide extra assistance to students with special needs.
- Tutor and assist children individually or in small groups to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
- Supervise students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums, or on field trips.
- Enforce administration policies and rules governing students.
- Observe students' performance, and record relevant data to assess progress.
- Discuss assigned duties with classroom teachers to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injuries and damage.
- Present subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of teachers, using lectures, discussions, or supervised role-playing methods.
- Organize and label materials and display students' work in a manner appropriate for their eye levels and perceptual skills.
- Distribute tests and homework assignments and collect them when they are completed.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 8.4%
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)