- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Use computer software to generate new images.
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer.
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
- Confer with clients to discuss and determine layout design.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Web sites.
- Key information into computer equipment to create layouts for client or supervisor.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients or supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of materials, products, or services.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 10.0%
National: + 4.2%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)