Set and Exhibit Designers
- Examine objects to be included in exhibits to plan where and how to display them.
- Acquire, or arrange for acquisition of, specimens or graphics required to complete exhibits.
- Prepare rough drafts and scale working drawings of sets, including floor plans, scenery, and properties to be constructed.
- Confer with clients and staff to gather information about exhibit space, proposed themes and content, timelines, budgets, materials, or promotion requirements.
- Estimate set- or exhibit-related costs, including materials, construction, and rental of props or locations.
- Develop set designs, based on evaluation of scripts, budgets, research information, and available locations.
- Direct and coordinate construction, erection, or decoration activities to ensure that sets or exhibits meet design, budget, and schedule requirements.
- Inspect installed exhibits for conformance to specifications and satisfactory operation of special-effects components.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 8.5%
Five: Extensive Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)