- Coordinate the activities of writers, directors, managers, and other personnel throughout the production process.
- Monitor postproduction processes to ensure accurate completion of details.
- Conduct meetings with staff to discuss production progress and to ensure production objectives are attained.
- Resolve personnel problems that arise during the production process by acting as liaisons between dissenting parties when necessary.
- Review film, recordings, or rehearsals to ensure conformance to production and broadcast standards.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing operational reports, distributing rehearsal call sheets and script copies, and arranging for rehearsal quarters.
- Write and edit news stories from information collected by reporters and other sources.
- Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other informational sources.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 8.9%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)