- Plan and schedule programming and event coverage, based on broadcast length, time availability, and other factors, such as community needs, ratings data, and viewer demographics.
- Monitor and review programming to ensure that schedules are met, guidelines are adhered to, and performances are of adequate quality.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in broadcast news, sports, or programming.
- Check completed program logs for accuracy and conformance with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules and regulations and resolve program log inaccuracies.
- Establish work schedules and assign work to staff members.
- Coordinate activities between departments, such as news and programming.
- Perform personnel duties, such as hiring staff and evaluating work performance.
- Evaluate new and existing programming to assess suitability and the need for changes, using information such as audience surveys and feedback.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 8.9%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)