Coaches and Scouts
- Plan, organize, and conduct practice sessions.
- Plan strategies and choose team members for individual games or sports seasons.
- Adjust coaching techniques, based on the strengths and weaknesses of athletes.
- Instruct individuals or groups in sports rules, game strategies, and performance principles, such as specific ways of moving the body, hands, or feet, to achieve desired results.
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of opposing teams to develop game strategies.
- Evaluate athletes' skills and review performance records to determine their fitness and potential in a particular area of athletics.
- Keep abreast of changing rules, techniques, technologies, and philosophies relevant to their sport.
- Monitor athletes' use of equipment to ensure safe and proper use.
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Explain and demonstrate the use of sports and training equipment, such as trampolines or weights.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)