- Train, exercise, and attend dance classes to maintain high levels of technical proficiency, physical ability, and physical fitness.
- Study and practice dance moves required in roles.
- Harmonize body movements to rhythm of musical accompaniment.
- Perform classical, modern, or acrobatic dances in productions, expressing stories, rhythm, and sound with their bodies.
- Collaborate with choreographers to refine or modify dance steps.
- Coordinate dancing with that of partners or dance ensembles.
- Attend costume fittings, photography sessions, and makeup calls associated with dance performances.
- Audition for dance roles or for membership in dance companies.
- Develop self-understanding of physical capabilities and limitations, and choose dance styles accordingly.
- Monitor the field of dance to remain aware of current trends and innovations.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: No Data
National: + 4.4%
High School Diploma
Three: Medium Preparation Needed