- Provide mentally impaired or emotionally disturbed patients with routine physical, emotional, psychological, or rehabilitation care under the direction of nursing or medical staff.
- Work as part of a team that may include psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatric nurses, or social workers.
- Aid patients in becoming accustomed to hospital routine.
- Organize, supervise, or encourage patient participation in social, educational, or recreational activities.
- Perform nursing duties, such as administering medications, measuring vital signs, collecting specimens, or drawing blood samples.
- Serve meals or feed patients needing assistance or persuasion.
- Restrain or aid patients as necessary to prevent injury.
- Provide patients with assistance in bathing, dressing, or grooming, demonstrating these skills as necessary.
- Participate in recreational activities with patients, including card games, sports, or television viewing.
- Maintain patients' restrictions to assigned areas.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 9.8%
National: + 5.6%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)