Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations governing sports, recreational activities, and the use of exercise equipment.
- Offer alternatives during classes to accommodate different levels of fitness.
- Plan routines, choose appropriate music, and choose different movements for each set of muscles, depending on participants' capabilities and limitations.
- Observe participants and inform them of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement.
- Teach proper breathing techniques used during physical exertion.
- Instruct participants in maintaining exertion levels to maximize benefits from exercise routines.
- Teach and demonstrate use of gymnastic and training equipment, such as trampolines and weights.
- Maintain fitness equipment.
- Conduct therapeutic, recreational, or athletic activities.
- Monitor participants' progress and adapt programs as needed.
- Evaluate individuals' abilities, needs, and physical conditions, and develop suitable training programs to meet any special requirements.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)