Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Code documents according to company procedures.
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Operate 10-key calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Perform financial calculations, such as amounts due, interest charges, balances, discounts, equity, and principal.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 5.6%
National: - 8.5%
High School Diploma
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)