- Record and edit the minutes of meetings and distribute to appropriate officials or staff members.
- Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Issue public notification of all official activities or meetings.
- Maintain and update documents, such as municipal codes or city charters.
- Prepare meeting agendas or packets of related information.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
- Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, state officials, or state and federal legislative offices.
- Perform budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
- Perform general office duties, such as taking or transcribing dictation, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing or filing official forms, or scheduling appointments.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 7.2%
National: + 6.5%
Some College Courses
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)