Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
Core Tasks Include:
- Answer applicants' questions about benefits and claim procedures.
- Interview benefits recipients at specified intervals to certify their eligibility for continuing benefits.
- Interpret and explain information such as eligibility requirements, application details, payment methods, and applicants' legal rights.
- Initiate procedures to grant, modify, deny, or terminate assistance, or refer applicants to other agencies for assistance.
- Compile, record, and evaluate personal and financial data to verify completeness and accuracy, and to determine eligibility status.
- Interview and investigate applicants for public assistance to gather information pertinent to their applications.
- Check with employers or other references to verify answers and obtain further information.
- Keep records of assigned cases, and prepare required reports.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Schedule benefits claimants for adjudication interviews to address questions of eligibility.
- Prepare applications and forms for applicants for such purposes as school enrollment, employment, and medical services.
- Refer applicants to job openings or to interviews with other staff, in accordance with administrative guidelines or office procedures.
- Provide social workers with pertinent information gathered during applicant interviews.
- Compute and authorize amounts of assistance for programs, such as grants, monetary payments, and food stamps.
- Monitor the payments of benefits throughout the duration of a claim.
- Provide applicants with assistance in completing application forms, such as those for job referrals or unemployment compensation claims.
- Investigate claimants for the possibility of fraud or abuse.
- Conduct annual, interim, and special housing reviews and home visits to ensure conformance to regulations.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.