Loan Interviewers and Clerks
Core Tasks Include:
- Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents.
- Interview loan applicants to obtain personal and financial data and to assist in completing applications.
- Assemble and compile documents for loan closings, such as title abstracts, insurance forms, loan forms, and tax receipts.
- Answer questions and advise customers regarding loans and transactions.
- Contact customers by mail, telephone, or in person concerning acceptance or rejection of applications.
- Record applications for loan and credit, loan information, and disbursements of funds, using computers.
- Prepare and type loan applications, closing documents, legal documents, letters, forms, government notices, and checks, using computers.
- Present loan and repayment schedules to customers.
- Calculate, review, and correct errors on interest, principal, payment, and closing costs, using computers or calculators.
- Check value of customer collateral to be held as loan security.
- Contact credit bureaus, employers, and other sources to check applicants' credit and personal references.
- File and maintain loan records.
- Submit loan applications with recommendation for underwriting approval.
- Review customer accounts to determine whether payments are made on time and that other loan terms are being followed.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Schedule and conduct closings of mortgage transactions.
- Accept payment on accounts.
- Order property insurance or mortgage insurance policies to ensure protection against loss on mortgaged property.
- Establish credit limits and grant extensions of credit on overdue accounts.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.