Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping
- Explain company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Record data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, amount of sales or production, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
- Answer questions regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
- Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
- Gather personnel records from other departments or employees.
- Search employee files to obtain information for authorized persons and organizations, such as credit bureaus and finance companies.
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
- Provide assistance in administering employee benefit programs and worker's compensation plans.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 1.8%
National: - 1.8%
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)