Postal Service Clerks
- Weigh letters and parcels, compute mailing costs based on type, weight, and destination, and affix correct postage.
- Obtain signatures from recipients of registered or special delivery mail.
- Check mail to ensure correct postage and that packages and letters are in proper condition for mailing.
- Answer questions regarding mail regulations and procedures, postage rates, and post office boxes.
- Sort incoming and outgoing mail, according to type and destination, by hand or by operating electronic mail-sorting and scanning devices.
- Transport mail from one work station to another.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 6.4%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)