Stock Clerks, Sales Floor
- Answer customers' questions about merchandise and advise customers on merchandise selection.
- Itemize and total customer merchandise selection at checkout counter, using cash register, and accept cash or charge card for purchases.
- Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
- Pack customer purchases in bags or cartons.
- Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred merchandise.
- Receive, open, unpack and issue sales floor merchandise.
- Clean display cases, shelves, and aisles.
- Compare merchandise invoices to items actually received to ensure that shipments are correct.
- Transport packages to customers' vehicles.
- Stamp, attach, or change price tags on merchandise, referring to price list.
- Design and set up advertising signs and displays of merchandise on shelves, counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 9.6%
National: + 5.0%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)