Stock Clerks- Stockroom, Warehouse, or Storage Yard
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or on computer.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Mark stock items, using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Keep records on the use or damage of stock or stock-handling equipment.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
- Dispose of damaged or defective items, or return them to vendors.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 9.6%
National: + 5.0%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)