Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
- Modify, update, and process existing policies and claims to reflect any change in beneficiary, amount of coverage, or type of insurance.
- Process and record new insurance policies and claims.
- Review and verify data, such as age, name, address, and principal sum and value of property on insurance applications and policies.
- Organize and work with detailed office or warehouse records, maintaining files for each policyholder, including policies that are to be reinstated or cancelled.
- Examine letters from policyholders or agents, original insurance applications, and other company documents to determine if changes are needed and effects of changes.
- Correspond with insured or agent to obtain information or inform them of account status or changes.
- Transcribe data to worksheets and enter data into computer for use in preparing documents and adjusting accounts.
- Notify insurance agent and accounting department of policy cancellation.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)