Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service
- Seal or open envelopes, by hand or by using machines.
- Affix postage to packages or letters by hand, or stamp materials, using postage meters.
- Verify that items are addressed correctly, marked with the proper postage, and in suitable condition for processing.
- Sort and route incoming mail, and collect outgoing mail, using carts as necessary.
- Determine manner in which mail is to be sent, and prepare it for delivery to mailing facilities.
- Wrap packages or bundles by hand, or by using tying machines.
- Remove containers of sorted mail or parcels and transfer them to designated areas according to established procedures.
- Accept and check containers of mail or parcels from large volume mailers, couriers, and contractors.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 3.6%
National: - 7.4%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)