Mine Cutting and Channeling Machine Operators
- Position jacks, timbers, or roof supports, and install casings, to prevent cave-ins.
- Reposition machines and move controls to make additional holes or cuts.
- Cut entries between rooms and haulage ways.
- Observe indicator lights and gauges, and listen to machine operation to detect binding or stoppage of tools or other equipment problems.
- Replace worn or broken tools and machine bits and parts, using wrenches, pry bars, and other hand tools, and lubricate machines, using grease guns.
- Press buttons to activate conveyor belts, and push or pull chain handles to regulate conveyor movement so that material can be moved or loaded into dinkey cars or dump trucks.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: - 4.9%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)