Mechanical Door Repairers
- Adjust doors to open or close with the correct amount of effort or make simple adjustments to electric openers.
- Wind large springs with upward motion of arm.
- Inspect job sites, assessing headroom, side room, or other conditions to determine appropriateness of door for a given location.
- Collect payment upon job completion.
- Complete required paperwork, such as work orders, according to services performed or required.
- Fasten angle iron back-hangers to ceilings and tracks, using fasteners or welding equipment.
- Repair or replace worn or broken door parts, using hand tools.
- Carry springs to tops of doors, using ladders or scaffolding, and attach springs to tracks to install spring systems.
- Set doors into place or stack hardware sections into openings after rail or track installation.
- Remove or disassemble defective automatic mechanical door closers, using hand tools.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 6.8%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)