First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, or fabricators.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 0.1%
National: - 0.3%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)