Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Place patterns on top of layers of fabric and cut fabric following patterns, using electric or manual knives, cutters, or computer numerically controlled cutting devices.
- Notify supervisors of mechanical malfunctions.
- Repair or replace worn or defective parts or components, using hand tools.
- Inspect machinery to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Adjust machine controls, such as heating mechanisms, tensions, or speeds, to produce specified products.
- Confer with coworkers to obtain information about orders, processes, or problems.
- Start machines, monitor operations, and make adjustments as needed.
- Clean, oil, and lubricate machines, using air hoses, cleaning solutions, rags, oilcans, and grease guns.
- Record information about work completed and machine settings.
- Inspect products to ensure that the quality standards and specifications are met.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)