Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Test samples of materials or products to ensure compliance with specifications, using test equipment.
- Operate or tend machines to mix or blend any of a wide variety of materials, such as spices, dough batter, tobacco, fruit juices, chemicals, livestock feed, food products, color pigments, or explosive ingredients.
- Dump or pour specified amounts of materials into machinery or equipment.
- Observe production or monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Stop mixing or blending machines when specified product qualities are obtained and open valves and start pumps to transfer mixtures.
- Collect samples of materials or products for laboratory testing.
- Add or mix chemicals or ingredients for processing, using hand tools or other devices.
- Examine materials, ingredients, or products visually or with hands to ensure conformance to established standards.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 7.9%
National: - 3.1%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)