Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Adjust machine components to regulate speeds, pressures, and temperatures, and amounts, dimensions, and flow of materials or ingredients.
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to standards, using measuring devices such as templates, micrometers, or scales.
- Monitor machine operations and observe lights and gauges to detect malfunctions.
- Press control buttons to activate machinery and equipment.
- Turn controls to adjust machine functions, such as regulating air pressure, creating vacuums, and adjusting coolant flow.
- Review work orders, specifications, or instructions to determine materials, ingredients, procedures, components, settings, and adjustments for extruding, forming, pressing, or compacting machines.
- Record and maintain production data, such as meter readings, and quantities, types, and dimensions of materials produced.
- Notify supervisors when extruded filaments fail to meet standards.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: - 5.3%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)