Precious Metal Workers
- Cut and file pieces of jewelry such as rings, brooches, bracelets, and lockets.
- Solder parts together or fill holes and cracks with metal solder, using gas torches.
- Polish articles by hand or by using a polishing wheel.
- Pierce and cut open designs in ornamentation, using hand drills and scroll saws.
- Position and align auxiliary parts in jigs and join parts, using solder and blowtorches.
- Examine articles to determine the nature of defects requiring repair, such as dents, uneven bottoms, scratches, or holes.
- Shape and straighten damaged or twisted articles by hand or using pliers.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: No Data
National: - 6.6%
High School Diploma
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)