Stone Cutters and Carvers, Manufacturing
- Verify depths and dimensions of cuts or carvings to ensure adherence to specifications, blueprints, or models, using measuring instruments.
- Lay out designs or dimensions from sketches or blueprints on stone surfaces, by freehand or by transferring them from tracing paper, using scribes or chalk and measuring instruments.
- Drill holes and cut or carve moldings and grooves in stone, according to diagrams and patterns.
- Shape, trim, or touch up roughed-out designs with appropriate tools to finish carvings.
- Select chisels, pneumatic or surfacing tools, or sandblasting nozzles and determine sequence of use.
- Move fingers over surfaces of carvings to ensure smoothness of finish.
- Cut, shape, and finish rough blocks of building or monumental stone, according to diagrams or patterns.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 6.3%
National: - 2.3%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)