Machine Feeders and Offbearers
- Inspect materials and products for defects, and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Push dual control buttons and move controls to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment.
- Identify and mark materials, products, and samples, following instructions.
- Load materials and products into machines and equipment, or onto conveyors, using hand tools and moving devices.
- Clean and maintain machinery, equipment, and work areas to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Weigh or measure materials or products to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Fasten, package, or stack materials and products, using hand tools and fastening equipment.
- Record production and operational data, such as amount of materials processed.
- Transfer materials and products to and from machinery and equipment, using industrial trucks or hand trucks.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 2.7%
National: + 1.8%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)